Lofty mountains, picturesque valleys, rugged peaks, rolling Alpine pastures, spectacular glaciers - it’s all here to enjoy: Tirol, ‘The Land in the Mountains’ attracts visitors from all over the world. Stunning scenic beauty, friendly people, and amazing tourist facilities and services all combine to make Tirol a truly unique destination. Besides an impressive mountain landscape, Tirol also offers a remarkable cultural program to its guests – ranging from historical towns to top cultural events and traditional Tirolean evenings – holidays in Tirol region can never last long enough to explore the true variety of the country. One of Tirol‘s biggest claims to fame — literally — is its 500 three-thousanders: peaks that rise more than 3,000 meters above sea level.
- • Enjoy the 800 year old imperial city and the mountains in Innsbruck
- • Shop at and visit the home of Swarovski, the Swarovski Crystal Worlds
- • Discover eternal ice throughout the year at Sölden in the Ötztal valley
- • Ski down the Kandahar slope of the international ski resort of St. Anton am Arlberg – the cradle of skiing
- • Shop and mingle with the rich and beautiful in the upmarket ski and mountain resort of Kitzbühel
- • Watch how the world’s best wine glass is mouthblown at the Riedel Glass factory in Kufstein